- Semi-hollowbody electric guitar with shallow double-cutaways
- All sapele body finished in a cool Transparent Black Flat finish
- Set-in mahogany neck with rounded artcore profile
- 22 medium-frets bound rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot position inlays
- Infinity R humbucking pickups provide warm, luxurious tones
- ART-ST bridge and tailpiece partnership ensures consistent string tension and intonation
- Chrome hardware complements the body finish beautifully
- Excellent model for players who want an inexpensive semi-hollowbody electric guitar that gigs well and performs solidly
The Ibanez AS53-TKF semi-hollowbody electric guitar is built to the exacting standards of brilliance and style we've come to expect from the team at Ibanez. Composed of a delightful combination of tonewoods, sophisticated electronics, and finished to a high-standard of quality, this is truly a steal at this ridiculously affordable price.
Beautiful Body Design
The semi-hollowbody profile has been fashioned using sapele, a dense tonewood that delivers a delightful combination of warmth with a healthy dose of power. Thanks to the slender body profile, the AS53 rests snugly against the body to create a supremely comfortable playing position, allowing you to get on with what you do best. The tobacco flat finish exhibits the natural grain of the top beautifully.
Sturdy Mahogany Neck
Fitted to the body is the solid and reliable mahogany neck - shaped to the Artcore design profile -, which offers a sturdy yet supple base for the strings, yielding highly resonant tones. The bound rosewood fingerboard ensures that the upper register is softly rounded, so that tones in the upper register retain clarity at high volume levels, without becoming sharp on the ear. The slim neck profile feels natural in the hand and responds well to a wide range of playing styles, supporting vibrato and string bends gracefully.
Infinity R Humbuckers
A pair of Infinity R humbuckers are fitted in the neck and bridge positions. The pickup combination can be applied to a wide variety of musical styles to suit all musicians. Controls include a 3-way pickup selector switch, a master volume pot and a master tone pot. From luscious, creamy tones produced by the neck pickups, to the punchy mids of the bridge, or a combination of the two, you are equipped to hit the stage or the studio right away.
The ART-ST bridge supports string and tuning integrity with the greatest of ease, giving you complete confidence in the AS53's resilience during performances.